Price my space at The Nester's place
1. Dining room table. (World Market) We paid about $600 for this table 5-6 years ago. The price was great for this table and I even assembled it myself. It is a gorgeous dark wood, rectangular and solid. It's also HUGE. It's perfect for everything from dinner parties to crafts. I will have this table forever.
2. Dining room chairs. (World Market) These were about $120 each, which was a sale from $200. While they are not my favorite, my husband liked them and that they matched the table. I pick my battles, so I let that one go. They're really big and awkward, and we actually have 4 more hidden away in another room for when we have company. Ideally, I'd like to get black Windsor chairs and get rid of these.
3. Accent table and chair. (Flea market finds) The two were about $15 total. The lamp which is hard to see is a cute little rooster and I picked that up at Homegoods for about $30 last summer. The basket that I'm using as a drawer was a 40% off Michael's purchase and cost about $15.
4. Chandelier. (IKEA) The chandy was $35 and the shades were about $3 a piece from Michael's. After looking at it for the past 5 years, I finally recovered them with the red gingham.
5. Cafe curtains. (IKEA by way of one of my dear friends) Free. A good girlfriend of mine had these panels, and after moving out of the city and into the suburbs, didn't know where to put them. She gave them to me and I turned them into cafe curtains, with tons of extra fabric to spare. I love, love, love (big pink puffy heart!!) these. They are light and airy and I just adore the red and pink roses on them.
6. Ledges. (Target) I'm having a hard time remembering what I paid for these since I bought them so long ago, but I would guess about $10 each (there is one on each side of the window in case you can't see). I've struggled with what to put on them for years, but have finally fallen in love with the simplicity of white dishes and other odds and ends. The dishes and other decorations are things that I've had around the house, and range from Bloomingdale's to flea market prices.
The view from the kitchen into the room.
Here are a few close-ups of some of the details around the room.
I love that summer means freshly cut flowers from the yard.
The planter in the middle of the table is another Homegoods purchase. I have 3 glossy pots in it with my favorite, impossible to kill philodendrons. Elaborate centerpieces are not my style, so this is easy enough and is a cinch to pick up and move when it's time to eat or I need to clear the table.
The view of the top of the hutch. It's a little too country for me now, but until I think of something better, it's staying. I may do something with a collection of mason jars or maybe crocks. I'm not sure. I do love that weathered flower pot, though. I've had it and that plant since before we got married.
A little bit lower view of the hutch.
And in the interest of full disclosure, this is what the room looks like when the two little tornadoes aren't napping. It's a sweet reminder of the giggles and happiness that I love in our home.
One question that many people have asked is the name of the green paint on the walls. Um, I have no idea. I chose it when we first bought the house 5+ years ago, and only remember it being from a Martha Stewart paint chip from Kmart.
I took that chip to the Sherwin Williams store (can't beat getting Hubby's contractor pricing--$8 a gallon!) and have subsequently taken chips of broken plaster for them to match.
I hope you've enjoyed the tour of our dining room. This is definitely a room in our house that I love and has been worth every penny!
I love the color of your room! :) Great little accessories too. Visiting from The Nester's party. :)ReplyDelete
What a pretty room! So pretty. Thanks for the tour! :-)ReplyDelete
Can you email me a picture of your black & white living room? I need to be inspired and you've great taste!! beachbright at gmail dot com.ReplyDelete
I love, love, love your table!!! And those curtains are perfect! A beautiful room!ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad that you enjoying the pictures of my beach room. It's been a working progress. I have some more fun projects planned so be sure to come back soon!!ReplyDelete
What a wonderful room! I love it all. Those ledges are so great. I love the plates and flowers. Everything is beautiful. What a great space to be with your family!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am excited to get to know you!
I love your black hutch! Hutches are so great, they just feel like home. =)
I would LOVE to see more pics of your kitchen... it looks cute! I love the glass cabinets, and is that tin back splash?
Hello! Stopping over from Nester. Love the color on the walls and the rustic touches!ReplyDelete
LOVE the green walls! I'm also a sucker for white vases and platters, they are just so simple and pretty.ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Having a blast seeing everyone's adorable rooms. Your dining room is awesome! I don't have one at the moment...but that's okay...ReplyDelete
Love the last look with toys and stuff. Mine is way messier than that on the average day. I didn't tell anyone though.
Please stop by for a chat!
love your little shelfReplyDelete
Please check out my blog if you have a minute.
We're helping Natalie's Peace of Mind Fund
Super cute room! I hear ya on pick your battles with the Hubby. Who knew men could be opinionated??ReplyDelete
super cozy and warm! love the mix of wood and black with the green walls. ya gotta love a crafting/dining table!ReplyDelete
I just visited World Market for the first time this weekend...cool store! Your room is very nice...still love that paint color!ReplyDelete
I can see why you spend so much time in here! Very cozy and inviting space. I too love that long wood table. I like to actually see wood once in awhile, and not painted white or black always! The green paint color is very serene yet gives it a little edge, which is nice. I like the simplicity of your white on white shelves. Very elegant. And I love the curtains! I've always loved the easy cafe style. Great job!ReplyDelete
LOVE the wall color and the super cute little lamp shades! You are a cool mom! :)ReplyDelete
I love the arches in your space! So much character :) The green is a lovely, soothing color too.ReplyDelete
PLEASE share your paint color. I love that green and am about to paint my kitchen.ReplyDelete
Love your room, it's very bright and cheerful!ReplyDelete
I keep meaning to ask you where in IL you live? I love the green walls and you have given me an idea with your white shelving with all the milk glass stuff on it. I have a similar plate and flower vase...got me thinking girl!ReplyDelete
Love your dining room!ReplyDelete
That table! I love it so much. I could spend hours in World Market.ReplyDelete
Visiting from SITS.
Precious room- I love the ledges! :)ReplyDelete
I like your chandelier...so cute and it really pops with all the other colors in the room. And, I just love the utility and natural beauty of your center piece. Great job! AbbieReplyDelete
Love your dining room! That color on the wall is beautiful. Your pink flowers are sweet and my fave picture is of your messy room - glad to know I'm not alone! hee hee. Thank you for sharing!ReplyDelete
I am very much impressed by your blog, you can find more Wood Dining Room Chairs that suites your budget.ReplyDelete